<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

(Finally) Back from Voting 

After waiting in line for nearly 2 hours (at 10 AM, no less), it's over. Between my wife and I we've added two to Kerry's final vote tally, and hopefully did our part to defeat Bush crony Mel Martinez in his bid to replace Bob Graham in the Senate.

Turnout was huge, which is of course good news for Democrats. I can't imagine what the wait will be after 5, when everyone is off work and trying to get in line before the 7 PM deadline. I'm glad we took care of it (relatively) early.

Now it's all over but the shouting. Given my predictions this morning, the energy on the left, and the high turnout I mentioned, I don't think the extended election of 2000 will be repeated. As some right wing crank's book title puts it - if it isn't close, they can't steal it. That said, I'm ready to join the fight if any FL2k-esque shenanigans ensue tomorrow.

In summary - still optimistic, but now with even more reason to be than I had before.

The disastrous Bush II term is about to come to an end. Can you smell it?

This page is powered by Blogger. Woo woo.   Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

RSS Feed is here.