<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 13, 2003

Pat Robertson is an Idiot, Part 752 

Why this guy continues to be taken seriously (to the point of people getting out their checkbooks and signing over money to him) escapes me. I thought he permanently put himself outside the realm of credibility with his post-9/11 comments (summary: Jerry Falwell said we deserved 9/11 because of gays, feminists, and liberals - Robertson enthusiastically agreed), but apparently there's a high tolerance on the religious right for lunacy.

This quote says it all: 'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer,' and you say, 'We've got to blow that thing up.' I mean, is it as bad as you say?" Robertson said. (from CNN)

I guess I missed the portion of the Bible where Jesus advocates using nukes on governmental organizations which don't fall into lockstep with his worldview.

And this isn't even the first time he's talked about nuking the State Dept.

This page is powered by Blogger. Woo woo.   Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

RSS Feed is here.